Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lost Leopard

MMMSC Day 9: Heels--Tuesday, 4/14/15

As you've probably gathered, I don't really wear heels very often.  I have some wedges I like, but despite the fact that they add a bit of height, they don't feel like heels to me.  Aside from my interview heels, I have a pair of heeled Oxfords (that are bizarrely comfortable) and a pair of pump suede pumps.  I haven't worn the purple ones lately (though I have been wearing a lot of purple clothing, it seems) so let's give it a shot.

Of course, my inspiration photo doesn't contain purple heels.  It has a purple shirt and silver (?) heels.  Nevertheless, it gave me an idea.

From notfancyjustlife.blogspot.com

Purple top, black pants, brown leopard cardigan, long gold necklace--these are all components that I can combine with my purple shoes.  I'm especially happy to see my leopard cardigan come out again because I do not wear it nearly often enough (sometimes because I'm wearing another leopard item already but usually because it's been in the bottom drawer of my dresser and I just forget about it--it was nice to see a photo that triggered my memory).


Plum top (Kohls)
Brown leopard cardigan (Lands End)
Black 5 pocket pants (Rafaella)
Purple pumps (thrifted)
Long gold tassel necklace (Kohls)

The double chain on this necklace has the potential to be fiddly, but I just love love love the tassel.  This necklace is actually a reasonable length for me too--often long necklaces are just too long and do not lay right on my chest, but this one is about perfect.  The chain itself ends a little higher than most, with a lot of the length coming from the tassel itself.


Verdict: It was warm enough today that I didn't even need to wear a coat/jacket to work, but I managed not to overhead in my office during the afternoon...during the afternoon in which the turkey vultures were going crazy outside our windows.  On seeing a particularly stunning buzz of our building, about three different people gasped simultaneously.  They certainly were putting on a good show today.

A to Z Challenge Day 12: L is for Lost Leopard

No comments: