Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Easter Dress

My Easter Dress--Wednesday, 4/15/15

Although my Easter dress did not arrive in time for me to wear it on Easter, that really didn't matter because it's not like I went anywhere special on Easter--I just stayed home and wore my stand-by Cuddle Bunny shirt with the excellent Groucho Bunny socks that the Easter Bunny left for me.

But now it's here and I'm ready to share this wonder with the world.

This is the fabric, which I could simply not resist.


It's a rabbit print!  When I showed it to Robert, he said, They're not all in the same position.  Nope, this is fabric with bunnies in four different positions.  Pretty sweet, right?  But with the neutral colors, not cloyingly so.

I bought the dress from eShakti, a company in India that sells super-cute stuff and, most importantly, customizes the clothes to fit the measurements you send them and allows you to pick from a few options (for this dress, it included the type of collar and the length) for a mere $7.50 extra.  Because I was a new customer, I got $40 off my first order plus free customization and the dress was already on sale.  So how did the custom job work out?


I thought it fit great!  I was really glad to be able to order a knee-length dress and have it be knee-length on me.  I haven't owned a shirt dress for a very long time--I find them difficult to fit with my waist-to-hip ratio but the customization to my measurements (and the old-school flared skirt on this dress) worked out very well.

So to wear this to work, I decided to go all Tough Bunny with the addition of ankle boots and moto jacket (my go-to solution for making something pretty a little bit tougher).


*Bunny shirt dress (eShakti)
Black moto jacket (JCP)
Black tights
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman

Verdict:  I'm a bad-ass in a bunny dress.  Woot!

I'm also loving my new haircut I got on Sunday--a chin length bob.  Because I wash my hair at night and sleep on it wet, it gets wavy and a little bit crazy as it dries over night, which is an oddly good look, actually.  It's more "stylishly tousled" than "in need of a brush." 

A funny thing happened at the hairdresser.  Robert told me that while he was waiting after getting his hair cut, he saw a woman who looked a lot like my sister getting her hair cut.  It took him a moment to realize that it was me.  Apparently with my hair wet from just being washed, the darker color threw him off, and somehow darker hair + my family resemblance + no glasses = a person who looked like Jen.  I know that my hair color is a definitive aspect of my look, but it's amusing that it's true to this extent.  If I want Robert to continue recognizing me as we get older, I'm going to have to plan to color my hair blonde when I start going grey (though thankfully there's no sign of that yet).

A to Z Challenge Day 13:  M is for My Easter Dress

5 comments:

jen said...

Cute dress! That's just the sort of geometric bunny print I thought would look great... and it does! And so funny that Robert mistook you for me for a second :) I'm starting to get grey hairs but the highlights keep them at bay. (P.S. my stylist still asks me almost every time she sees me if you still has naturally bleach blonde hair - she can't believe it lol)

mom said...

Love the dress! I was telling someone the other day that you have had very thick hair since you were very young. I can remember the long time it took to dry your hair with a hair dryer at night so you wouldn't have to go to bed with wet hair.

Sally said...

Thanks!

Jen, my hair has gotten a little darker over the years but it's still pretty blonde.

Mom, yeah, with the thick hair, I think the shorter cut works better than it otherwise would. I definitely do not need to do any work to give it "body" (much like with my actual body lol).

Tam said...

Do you remember how Mosch, who had been trying to convince me that you dyed your hair, came across a picture of Jen in an old photo album I had (the picture was from when she visited us at Rice) and was like, "Aha! I told you she dyed her hair! Look at it here!" Good times, good times.

Sally said...

Tam, LOL, I had totally forgotten about that until you mentioned it but yes.