Monday, April 20, 2015

Quick Quiet Quarterlies

MMMSC Day 18:  Color Block--Monday, 4/20/15

Hurray for winter's last gasp, bringing cool, rainy weather back to Coldville (after a week of sunny days with highs around 70) so I can replicate this outfit that I loved from the Fashionably Employed blog.

From fashionablyemployed.com

I feel like I nailed this one.


Navy cardigan (Kohls)+
Bright teal pencil skirt (JCP)+
Navy/teal striped T (Kohls)+
Navy scarf (Target)+
Navy leggings+
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman+

(Items marked with + are new for the Work the Wardrobe challenge.  It's like your first birding outing of the year, when even the ubiquitous house sparrow counts as new for the year--it's easy to make quick gains.)


I have to admit, even though tall cognac boots are a fashion blogger cliche, they really worked in this outfit.  Teal, navy, and cognac are a very appealing combination.

Verdict:  It was a good thing I was bundled up a bit today because it was quite cool.  There was a stiff breeze this afternoon when I left work, and when I got into the car, the radio guy said it was 43 degrees.  Yikes.

It was a relatively quiet day at work today because my officemate is on vacation today and tomorrow (staying home, working on her house--one of those home improvement projects that make me glad to be a renter).  But I had a nice amount of work to do, so the day went quickly.  My quarterly reports that were due at the end of the day today?  I had them out by 2 p.m.  Yay.  And just before I left for the day, I received the data file that I need for my next big set of reports, so I'm looking forward to getting started with that tomorrow morning.

A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 17: Q is for Quick Quiet Quarterlies

4 comments:

mom said...

The two pictures were almost identical. Yes, you nailed it! And, it looked great on you.

Sally said...

Thanks! Maybe I should have gotten Robert to photograph me out on our balcony to extra similar ;)

jen said...

Wow, that's an amazing match! And it looks great.

Sally said...

Thanks! Doing 3 different colors of boots, tights, and skirt was a bit outside my comfort zone so I'm glad I tried it.