Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Skyrim Cardigan

WWWSC Day 20: Dress down your favorite LBD--Wednesday, 3/4/15

So it isn't my favorite LBD necessarily...in fact, it's one I bought and haven't even worn!  Bad Sally!  But I really love its red counterpart that I wore back in late April (man, either winter truly is amazingly long here or I lag the seasons even more than I thought or both--that's a pretty bundled up outfit) and that's close enough for me.

So when I saw "dress down," all I could think was, OK, it's time to wear the Skyrim office cardigan to work while it's still insanely chilly in Coldville because this sweater is a bundle of seriously warm casualness.  I still haven't gotten back to playing Oblivion since we started preparing for our move a couple months ago (!!) but even thinking about pulling on the Skyrim office cardigan puts me in a happy place.  It's time to contaminate this sucker with frustration and drudgery by wearing it at work while dealing with annoying data issues and attending continuous, lunchless meetings from 10-2, obviously!

Shockingly, my source photo does not feature a huge cream acrylic cardigan--a cardigan so oversized that "grandfather" or "boyfriend" cardigan does not begin to describe it.  Perhaps "cardigan of the giants who once walked the earth" is more like it.  But I was intrigued by the black dress with cognac accessories, which would be mostly obscured by the "cardigan that I once lay down and caused an eclipse over multiple continents."  It really comes down to black dress and cognac boots.

Found on Pinterest but source not noted

And a white/brown/black leopard print scarf!  I really want a very normal brown leopard scarf, but I haven't found one yet that doesn't have some kind of other thing going on--metallic contrasting threads, a 3 foot long fringe, etc.  But until then, I'll be using this brown leopard scarf with the white/cream color that makes the "cardigan knit from the fur of 2 dozen full-grown yeti" look reasonably on point.  Or at least as on point as such a garment can be.


*Black long-sleeved knit dress (Kohls)
*Brown/cream leopard scarf (Kohls)
Skyrim office cream cardigan (thrifted)
Black sweater tights (Target)
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman

The buttons dangle dangerously, reminding me that they could fall off and add the Skyrim office cardigan to my growing pile of minor sewing jobs.  Nooooooo!!!!  Would this seem more fun if I re-imagined it as the real-life equivalent of repairing armor in Oblivion?  Um....nope.


Verdict:  Wearing the Skyrim office cardigan does not magically transport me to an Elder Scrolls-esque job, which is probably a good thing.  I'm much more suited to analyzing data than hunting dragons or closing hellmouths, though to be fair, I've not actually tried either of the two latter activities.  It would be my luck that in the Elder Scrolls universe, I'd find myself working a torturous food service job with 20+ hour work days.  No thanks!

No comments: