Saturday, May 3, 2014

Yet More Rain

This past week at work was the fastest yet, probably because it was the busiest.  I'm getting tremendous use of my new trench coat and my tall boots due to the cool weather and daily rain.  (It actually didn't rain today, but it's going to rain again by midweek.)

Monday -- 4/28/14

Last weekend, I never got around to figuring out any outfits in advance, so I did a last-minute Sunday referencing of the Ready Outfit list and chose #6.  The (female) head of our department complimented me on my "cute" outfit.


*Red 3/4 length sleeve dress from Kohl's
*Cream with black polka dot blazer (thrifted; Target new with tags)
Black leggings and tall black boots
Red bubble necklace

Tuesday -- 4/29/14

Because I keep thinking every day is going to be the end of the cold-ish weather, I'm motivated to wear my warm stuff one (more) time before spring really starts.  I was surprised I had not thought before to pair my forest green pants with this dark grey with purple and dark green subtle flower print sweater before.  (The photo is crazy dark; you're gonna have to trust me on the colors/patterns involved here, I guess.)


Over the weekend, I cleaned and weather-proofed a few pairs of suede shoes, including these that I had purchased at Goodwill on Sunday.  I wore my Hunter boots (with the pant legs tucked in) to work so that I did not have to test how well the treated suede shoes stood up to the puddles of water in the parking lot at work.

I have a particular fondness for pointy-toed suede pumps with a heel of about 1.5"-2" that have some kind of strap or high vamp.  I had two other (ancient) pairs (black and a light olive green) but I ditched the green ones because they were starting to crumble inside.  The black ones, though, look smashing now that I've cleaned them up.  There's probably some rule about what parts of the year you're supposed to wear suede shoes, but fuck it.


*Dark grey with floral pattern pullover sweater (thrifted; Talbots)
Forest green pants from Kohl's
*Purple suede shoes (thrifted)
Double-strand pearl necklace from Macy's

Wednesday -- 4/30/14

And it's back to boots and a wool sweater as the cold, rainy weather continues.  And an owl scarf, because there's never a bad time to sport owls.


Bright blue cashmere pullover sweater from Macy's
Navy blue owl scarf from....Nordstrom, perhaps
*Brown skirt (thrifted; Target)
Brown leggings and tall brown boots

I was very pleased to come home on Wednesday evening with the energy to watch TV (catching up on some DVDs from Netflix that had been waiting for me forever--I didn't watch much TV while I was ensconced in Skyrim and I finally realized that I missed it) and to do the treadmill with a minimum of grumbling.  It might sound insane to talk about needing energy to watch TV, but I guess I really just mean that I was not so exhausted that I couldn't find the energy/will to set myself up to actually watch TV (which involves moving stuff off/around on the sofa so I can find a comfortable, multiple-pillow-supported position, and moving the TV itself into sofa rather than treadmill orientation).  A lot of nights, I've come home and as soon as I've put my things away, brewed iced tea, and gotten dinner together, just flopped out for a long time in my comfy chair, reading whatever book was at hand (this week, Black Powder War, in that Napoleanic War dragon series), zoning out, and dreading the necessity to get up for any length of time to exercise, cook, or even take a shower and wash my hair.  I've been even too tired to go to bed early, if that makes sense.  But this week was my fourth week of work, and it is getting easier.

4 comments:

mom said...

Have you watched Monsters U yet? I loved it!

mom said...

I also really like the red dress with the polka dotted jacket.

Sally said...

I watched Monsters University last night and yep, I loved it.

jen said...

I agree with your department head - cute!