Monday, May 26, 2014

Dressing for the Winter/Spring Crossover

Now back to our regularly-scheduled business casual outfit documentation project.

Yet More Leopard Print -- 5/5/14

One of the few items I did not have in leopard print was a jacket, so I was of course pleased to pick up this knit blazer at Goodwill.  I took a stab at hand-hemming these pants to a wearing-with-flats length and it was pretty simple to do and turned out well.  (But I have been too lazy to do any of my other pairs of pants that need shortening, despite the relative ease of accomplishing it.  I guess doing nothing is even easier than hemming the pants.)


*Black check (that look basically grey at any distance) pants, thrifted
*Grey leopard knit jacket, thrifted
Red knit shirt (a gift from Robert's mom from several years ago that seems to always be the same size as I am -- magic)
Red and black patterned flats by Ivanka Trump
Black/silver necklace, gift

A Green Leopard? -- 5/6/14

Basic neutral pieces make a nice background for my silly green leopard scarf.


*Cream pullover sweater, thrifted
*Brown and beige striped pants, thrifted
*Brown flats by Frye (Zappos.com) -- they have a kind of interesting ombre coloration (i.e., graduating from a medium to dark brown color)
Green leopard infinity scarf, thrifted

Shirt and Jacket Redux -- 5/7/14

If it ain't broke...wear it again.  So on a night I didn't want to put much effort into thinking of an outfit, I pulled together some items I had worn together successfully during my pre-job era.


Black pants, thifted
Coral and black shirt from Kohl's
Grey-tan ponte blazer from Target
Black buckle flats by Me Too
Double-stranded black/sparkle necklace from Kohl's

Warming Up -- 5/8/14

For our first warm spring day, it was easy to pull out one of my short-sleeved tops with black in the design to go with other black items (and in this case, all neutral colors).   I started the day with the lightweight black knit cardigan but was down to my t-shirt by afternoon.  My officemate tells me that our room tends to be cold in the winter and warm in the summer.  Since I am not directly next to the window like she is, my side of the office is a bit more temperate, but I'm already feeling that she's right about how sensitive the indoor temperature is to changes in the outdoor temperature.


Dark grey pants, thrifted
*Tan/grey floral t-shirt, thrifted
Black t-shirt knit cardigan from Walmart
Black tooth/claw necklace from Outfit Additions
Tan captoe flats by Clarks

The Stripe and Floral Mix is a Classic, Y'all -- 5/9/14

This outfit happened mostly by accident.  I had decided to wear this dress, so I pulled it out and hung it up so it lay over the closet with my tops and jackets.  I had planned to pull out a black jacket or cardigan to wear with it, but it was laying right next to this bright floral jacket and I simply could not resist the combination.  Leggings got added when I realized that the dress was just ever too short for me to feel comfortable wearing to work.  A fun outfit for a Friday.  And note, two days of sockless feet in a row!


*Black and white striped dress from Target (damn that their dresses are often just an inch or 2 shorter on me than I prefer wearing with bare legs to work!)
*Pink/black floral jacket, thrifted
Black leggings
Black flats by LifeStrides
*Silver pendant, thrifted (Goodwill Boutique)

UPDATE:  Looking at these outfits, I think we could say this was an "in like a leopard, out like a flower" kind of week.

2 comments:

mom said...

Love the floral jacket. It gave your outfit a pop of color.

Sally said...

Thanks, it certainly felt very bright and spring-y.