Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Revived Animal

WWWSC Day 8: Wear an item you haven't worn in at least 6 months--Tuesday, 3/10/15

I knew immediately that I wanted to wear my sleeveless brown leopard dress from Lands End, made (as usual) out of a crazy thick, soft knit fabric.  I've only worn it once, on my third day of work at my current job.  It's time to give this lovely dress some love again.

Last time, I wore it with brown, so I decided to get craaaaazy and wear it with black this time.  Somebody stop this animal.  (Hah hah)

I didn't really need a lot of help figuring out how to wear brown animal print and black together, but I decided to follow Valerie's lead here and wear it with a black blazer.

From the-style-files.com

And yes I had to wear it with the black tooth/claw necklace.  I could have incorporated something red/maroon to be more in keeping with the Pinterest photo but the tooth/claw is just way too appropriate here.  I think it's OK to repeat the same dress/necklace combination twice in one year.



Sleeveless leopard dress (Lands End)
Black velvety blazer (thrifted, Talbots)
Black tooth/claw necklace (Outfit Additions)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

I was also glad to wear my velvety blazer another time.  I had hoped to get this worn before the weather warmed up and spring really sprang, but with highs in the 50s (and maybe 60s!) all over the 10 day forecast, I might have missed my last chance to be fully seasonally appropriate.  Oh well.  By the calendar, it's not really spring yet, so I stand by my choice.  I was getting ever so little warm by late afternoon, but then I came home and took off my boots and socks and all was well-adjusted again.


Verdict:  This whole outfit was pretty much spot on.

No comments: