Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Oh Boy

WWWSC Day 4: Boyish look--Tuesday, 3/3/15

When I was looking for ideas for other ways to wear my brown pinstripe pants, I pinned a couple of photos of men wearing pinstripes.  What better inspiration for a "boyish look" can you get?  Well, I didn't want to go this route...

From etsy.com

...of, you know, baby boyish-ness, so I decided a manly look was a reasonable approach for a work outfit.

From overstock.com

Oh yeah, a light blue shirt with brown pinstripe pants...why didn't I think of that?


Brown pinstripe pants (thrifted, Chaps)
Light blue button up shirt (thrifted, Kohls)
*Brown/black microcheck blazer (thrifted, Ann Taylor)
Black suede oxfords (thrifted, Munro American)
*Gold/tortoiseshell necklace (Macy's)

I didn't have the appropriately mannish brown shoes, so I went with my black suede Oxfords, hoping the brown/black jacket would be enough to tie it all together.


And if not, fuck it.  I finally got this new necklace into the mix!  And with that I declare victory.


Verdict:  Men are the experts in how to wear pinstripes.  I bow to their sartorial acumen.

In other news, I was finally back at work today, and it wasn't as dire as I thought it would be (a cup of caffeinated tea when I arrived might have helped with that).  That said, I was really happy when it was time to come home.

1 comment:

mom said...

I've always liked blue with brown. I wore brown corduroy pants with a white tee and light blue sweater today. Glad you are feeling better.