Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Bright Girl

Who What Wear Style Challenge (WWWSC) Day 1: Wear a bright color combo--Tuesday, 3/24/15

Yep, I'm finally getting around to the Day 1 outfit.  I'm a rebel.

But wearing cheerful colors was right on target to celebrate the birthday of somebody special (who is also one of my reliable blog readers and commenters).  Happy Birthday, Somebody!  (Happy unbirthday to the rest of you, too.)

I scanned my pins for two bright colors and stopped at this one.  See, a cobalt skirt!  OK, I don't have one of those (though I love hers), but I do have bright pink and cobalt items.  (Also note: yet another black and white polka dot shirt!  Right up there with blanket scarves and black pants/tall cognac boot combinations and chambray shirts in the fashion blogger outfit arsenal.)

Originally from myhereandnowlife.com

I switched the bright pink to the bottom and cobalt to the top, found a pair of oxford style shoes (blue leopard for the win), layered a blue/black/white striped button up shirt (because I do not own any polka dot ones), and added a scarf for extra warmth/Sally-ness (it's spring but still expecting a high temperature in the 40s).  Because the parking lot looks like someone spilled the Slurpee of the Gods all over it yesterday, I wore my snow boots to work, then changed into these cool cats in the office.


Bright pink Dockers
Cobalt cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's)
Blue/white/black striped button up shirt (thrifted, Kohls)
Pink/blue floral scarf (Target)
Blue leopard oxfords by C. Label

The scarf is more of a salmon color than a true pink, but what the hell, you know?  I like how you can actually see the stripes on the shirt in this photo. 


Verdict: Wearing a bright color combo is fun, especially during the early days of the Coldville spring when there's snow on the ground and bare leg season feels very, very far away. 

In other news...our cleaning service came this morning for the first time and our apartment looks great!  (Robert worked from home this morning while they cleaned.)  There were 3 people (1 of whom was a trainee) and it took them 2 hours.  I'm loving this already.

This evening Robert and I are baking 9 chicken thighs and 12 chicken drumsticks.  I split them up and did half with a "savory" (rosemary-sage based) spice blend and half with a "smoky" (chipotle-paprika based) spice blend from the book.  How can baking chicken smell so good while boiling chicken smells so gross?

No comments: