Friday, March 20, 2015

Pulling Out the Flats

WWWSC Day 18: Test out a new tuck--Friday, 3/20/15

You have probably noticed that tucking in shirts is not my thing, but a partial tuck is OK (though really, I mostly can't be bothered).  Well for science...or, um, for art?...I will try a tuck on my plum tunic.  This is a pain in my ass so appreciate, people!

So naturally I chose an inspiration photo in which you absolutely can't tell whether the top is tucked or not because all those layers are belted tight!  But I just loved the combination of colors here--purple, olive, red, denim. 

From looplooks.net

You know, this is twice I've worn this scarf tied this way semi-recently, and twice I've thought that it looks off to me.  I think this is just an unusually short scarf.  I ended up retying it as a faux-finity scarf after taking these photos, and I liked that a lot better.

This outfit ended up looking a lot more like the inspiration photo than I thought it would. (Also, leopard print belt trumps purple belt, not that I'm keeping score.)


Plum tunic (Kohls)
Olive jacket (thrifted, Maurices)
Leopard skinny belt (Target)
Purple/red/scarf (Target)
Trouser jeans (thrifted, JCP)
Black/red/yellow socks (Sock Dreams)
Red buckle flats by Me Too

Hoorah for fun socks.  My inner Seeley Booth is quite happy.  And note that I've pulled out a pair of flats, rather than boots, which has been rare of late.  A sure sign of spring.


Verdict:  The belt wasn't horribly annoying to deal with (even though my jeans do not have belt loops!), and wearing a jacket meant that I didn't have to fiddle as much with getting the tuck just right because a lot of it was covered.  These jeans are actually fairly forgiving of tucking, unusually for pants in my experience--I think they are loose enough in the waist that it's easy to tuck them in.  But I need to remember in the future that this scarf that it is an oddly stunted one that I should wear loose or faux-finity style rather than looped.  Also, I've somewhat impressively jumped back (forward?) two seasons to autumn with this outfit.  I can't decide if that's better or worse than the winter mode I've been stuck in.  Or maybe I just am a (sartorial) Time Lord after all!

1 comment:

jen said...

That does look very close to the inspiration. I can't tell the scarf looks odd but I'm sure the faux-finity style looked good too.