Thursday, March 12, 2015

She's Got Winter Eyes

WWWSC Day 17: Winterize your favorite summer skirt--Thursday, 3/12/15

I'm not sure what my favorite summer skirt is, but I knew that I wanted to winterize a (conveniently lined) black and white (or cream, really) one that has a somewhat dramatic pattern.  I loved everything about J's outfit in this photo and though I don't quite have the pieces to recreate it (and it's not wintery enough...which I could really stop saying by now, I think), I definitely wanted to do something in this direction.

From jseverydayfashion.com

Not owning a bright green sweater, I substituted my aqua cashmere sweater, and layered on a vest and tights.  Add a chevron patterned scarf and voila....an outfit that bears almost zero resemblance to the inspiration photo.  (I later decided to zip up the vest partway and it looked a lot better for some reason.)


Black/cream skirt (thrifted, Loft)
Aqua cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's)
Black quilted vest (gift from Mom)--this thing is a total workhorse, so glad I got it!

Teal/black/purple chevron scarf (Target?)
Black tights
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman

But I was comfy and felt pretty snazzy so it's all good.


What am I going to do with myself when tights and boots season comes to an end?  (Well, arguably it's already over but I can keep working it as long as temperatures stay below 60 or so.)  It was warm enough today that I didn't even bother with a coat or jacket--the vest was enough on its own.

No comments: