Friday, March 13, 2015

What to Wear for TGIF in WTF Weather Conditions

WWWSC Day 23: Wear a color you haven't worn in a while--Friday, 3/13/15

I don't think I've worn coral since before winter started, and I have a coral sweater that while made of cotton (and hence not the warmest) has proven itself to be workable for Coldville winter/early spring before.  So to Pinterest I went (a couple weeks ago) in search of coral outfit inspiration and settled on this coral/blue combination.  How delightfully spring-y and...oh wait, no, just focus on the colors, Sally.

From notfancyjustlife.blogspot.com

Once I went to my closet to see what blue thing I could pair with my coral sweater, I struck sartorial gold...and green and orange and white.  I'd totally forgotten about this awesome homemade reversible mandarin collared quilted jacket I bought at Goodwill!  How delightfully spring-y indeed.


Coral pullover sweater (thrifted, Talbots)
Navy/coral/green jacket (thrifted)
Denim skirt (thrifted)
Navy leggings
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman
Green/blue/pearl necklace (Target)

And it worked well, too, with my green/blue/pearl statement necklace that I adore well beyond any rational measure.


An interesting texture mix on top, and giving my denim skirt a chance to come out and play again after way too long.


Verdict:  I couldn't really do the lightweight dress and cardigan, but I reign victorious in the incomparable crazy flower jacket.  And tights and tall boots.  Always tights and tall boots. 

Though I have to admit, with a temperature of 61 degrees late this afternoon, I was sort of wishing I was in a lightweight dress and cardigan.  We have been really jacked around this winter, going from January temperatures to late April/early May temperatures in one quantum leap.  I'm actually kind of angry about it.  The lowest high temperature on our 10 day forecast right now is 47.  WTF?

I lost the jacket around lunch time and by about 4:00, I was ready to not be wearing a sweater any more.  I had forgotten how unpleasantly warm my office gets when it is above 55 degrees outside and there is full sun.  The climate control in our building is pretty much terrible.  Robert's fancy corporate office building appears to maintain the same nice temperature year-round, as any office building should.  At least I have hopes that our new apartment's modern central heat and A/C system with a normal thermostat and everything will be up to standard.  Meanwhile it's time for me to redo all of my outfit planning for the next fucking month.  Great.

(If you find this post because it is the only hit for "incomparable crazy flower jacket" on google, sorry suckas 'cause this is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.  If you're a sewist, have at replicating it for yourself; otherwise, I wish you luck finding a crazy flower jacket of your very own.)

No comments: