Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mixing It Up For St Patrick's Day

WWWSC Day 13: Mix 2 or more prints--Tuesday, 3/17/15

Seriously, I've got to go with "more" because two, that's not even trying.

I feel head over heels for this combination and, yes, experienced a bit of that tug of "OMG so cute must buy these items now!!!11!!!1!1!!" that I nevertheless resisted.  Instead, I decided to just be inspired by the idea of polka dots plus stripes plus another print.  (Heh, just now when I saw the flowers again I thought they were hearts and was like, What, I was into that?  But I increased the size of the photo and was all, Whew, OK, the foundations of my world are stable again.)

From runningonhappiness.com

I couldn't do blue and red and white, but blue and green and white (and black) seems like a good winter-y/spring-y/St Patrick's Day-y choice.


Green/black striped sleeveless dress (Target)
Long sleeved black T (thrifted, Talbots)
Cream polka dot blazer (thrifted, Target)
Green/blue paisley scarf [that I think is floral a lot of the time until I see it long like this and am like, Oh, paisley, OK] (Target)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

I really like the fit and feel of this fit-and-flare dress.  It's also a bit nicer fabric than most Target dresses are (I mean, not in the Lands End category, but still quite OK) and not even insanely short.  And the teal green, well, that's my jam.  Also: pockets.  (And wrinkles today, oops.)


Verdict:  I still think the inspiration photo is SO CUTE but my outfit is definitely more my style--a scarf, a striped flared dress, tights and tall boots, a blazer with contrasting edging, not carrying some weirdly big clutch purse everywhere I go because I live in a slightly different universe in which humanity has not invented the purse strap, not clunking my half dozen bracelets every time I move my left hand to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.

Weather Update:  Now Wednesday's snow is off the forecast and rain has been added for Friday.  The meteorologists in Coldville are living it up this week.

Pi Day Update:  This past weekend I noticed for the first time that Amy Farrah Fowler on Big Bang Theory lives in apartment 314.  But it had to be pointed out to me by my manager on Monday that my office is room 314.  What??  I mean, cool, but what?? How did I not notice that? 

So, did you do green for St Patrick's Day?

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Green plaid shirt. No other patterns, but I did have texture in my sweater.

mom said...

I wore a solid green cardigan with a white knit shirt. Boring, you say?

Sally said...

Debbie--I love green plaid, and am happy to hear that you are having weather that supports wearing sweaters! I always fear for my TX friends that summer is already on the horizon.

Mom--Not boring, let's call it classic :)

Debbie said...

I generally have no trouble wearing sweaters, even here, just because everyone else uses way more air conditioning than I would.

What's hard is wearing shorts and t-shirts. Sometimes I can do it, but then I better also have some additional layers with me.

Sally said...

I do miss the crazy effective Texas air conditioning in the summers. You'd probably like the MN indoor temperatures a lot better.

Debbie said...

Wow, that's sad. MN indoor temperatures should not be comfortable for me!