Thursday, March 19, 2015

More Seasonally Inappropriate Tall Boot Action

WWWSC Day 12: Make a neutral outfit interesting--Thursday, 3/19/15

So their idea of interesting is like a pair of huge bizarrely cropped beige overall pants that make a 6'2", size -3 14-year-old Ukrainian model look like the 8th dwarf, who joined Snow White's band after being kicked out of Communist clown school due to excessive binge drinking of radiator fluid.  No, that was unfair.  They clearly are suggesting that we wear a grey sweatshirt and jeans with black, high-heeled open-toe jellies that make our big toes look...well, really big.  Go big or go home, right?  Wait, that was Day 3 of the challenge.  I'm so confused.

In any event, whatever they think is interesting, I'm not going there.

What do I think is neutral but interesting (that I can wear to work)?  Stripes.  Animal print.  Stripes and animal print together.  Yes, yes, my precious.  Here's a neutral stripes and animal print outfit with black pants and boots.

From stylememoody.blogspot.com
Here is another one.

Something about this pants/boots combination makes me feel like I should be carrying a riding crop, but it's hard to do that when awkwardly holding your arms up to take a mirror selfie.


Black ankle pants (thrifted, Eileen Fisher)
Black/white striped T (Kohls)
Grey leopard blazer [with metallic threads for extra interest] (thrifted, Macy's)
Tall black boots by Fitzwell
Chunky silver necklace by JNY

I call this photo "Jail Cat With Blobs."  (I feel like this necklace should be hideous, but I find that I like it.  It's weird.  I mean, really convenient, since I own it and all, but still strange and not, I think, the result of cognitive dissonance.)


Verdict:  These black pants continue to rule the school.  Or at least the administration building.  A building that would benefit from work on the climate control.  Just sayin'.  Luckily I did not die from heat stroke today--indeed, it was cool all through the morning--but that iced tea tasted particularly delightful in the afternoon.  See, I can approximate that "warm while standing outside in Texas in the spring" feeling while sitting at my desk, crunching data.  How cool awesome and convenient is that?

Weather Update:  This morning there was no precipitation on the 10 day forecast.  Now they're saying snow Sun-Mon (up to 3") and rain Tues-Wed (about 0.5").  People all over the US perversely pride themselves on their state's changeable weather, but seriously, March in Minnesota is a crap shoot.  If you don't like the weather forecast, wait 5 minutes.

TV Update:  This week I watched the first season (6 episodes) of the BBC crime drama Luther and man, that show is great.  Also: yet another actor from my beloved show The Wire is actually British?  I think he would make a marvelous James Bond.

This week is really flying by (and I'm not even on spring break)!  It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Friday already.  

2 comments:

mom said...

We really liked Luther. We've seen it all, except for a movie that came out after the series was completed. We haven't seen that it's available yet.

Sally said...

Oh good, I'm glad it doesn't go totally downhill in season 2 or anything.