Friday, March 27, 2015

Playing Nice

WWWSC Day 30: Leave the details to the shoes--Friday, 3/27/15

Whew, OK, we've made it to the end of this thing.  And I confess, I did not entirely abide by the guidelines of this last challenge.  Don't worry, I'm wearing awesomely interesting shoes, but I didn't leave the details entirely to the shoes.  I couldn't help it.

A perusal of my "leopard shoes" pins on Pinterest pulled up this photo.  A very simple loose blouse in a lovely saturated hue, skinny jeans, and leopard shoes--a great Friday outfit.

From ninethirtytofive.blogspot.com

Well, when I went to create a version of this myself, I realized that my loose purple blouse is much more interesting than hers in that it has a nice long zipper down the front.  I think it's a cool detail that I really like, but it does mean that my calf-hair leopard smoking slippers have a little competition on the details front. It also was going to be (only a little unexpectedly) chilly today, so I wore a black cardigan that I didn't want to have to wear.  Oh well, maybe I can revisit the pure purple thing when it's actual spring.  (Bah, what a disappointing washed out photo.)


But these shoes are so awesome that they can stand up to a zip neck top with no trouble at all.  Leopard shoes are always a star.


Just in case my shoes feel threatened, though, I put a somewhat long expanse of muscular denim-clad leg in between these two items.  It totally detracts from your laid-back casual Friday vibe when one part of your clothing starts fighting with each other, and I think both the shirt and the shoes will be sufficiently intimidated by the thighs of the Colossus to not start any trouble. 


Verdict:  Perhaps one operational definition of spring in Coldville is: I can wear calf-hair shoes in the parking lot at work without ruining them from walking through dirty sludge.

God, today my officemate and I were competing for Most Loony Tired Person in the office.  A co-worker came in while we were laughing way too hard over something to do with Doctor Who about mid-afternoon, and catching the vibe of the space, he told us a story about his cousin and his cousin's friend's baby momma sleeping in somebody's garage that made my officemate and me laugh way too hard over again.  Then about 4:15, despite my having badged myself through the locked doors that separate the work space on my floor from the entry way with bathrooms and elevators, I tried to just yank the door open and was flummoxed for a moment by what the hell just happened.  My officemate observed that when you fail to do something that is completely habitual, you know it's bad.  So yeah, I'm feeling the TGIF pretty hard today.

Next week is Spring Break, so a lot of people in my department (and my building overall) are taking vacation days.  I have ordered two books about our new data visualization tool that I hope to work through during this lull.  So far I've been figuring things out by the "google, read, google, read, aha!, implement as described" method, but it would be nice to start building a stronger mental schema for all these random things.  Heh, if nothing else, knowing the actual words for things in the software environment makes it a helluva lot easier to google them.  For example, there's this feature that I think of as "drill down" that I have wanted to search for a couple times, but "drill down" means something else entirely. 

No comments: