Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week One Work Outfits

I not only put all these outfits together on Monday (and I mean, not only did I figure out what I wanted to wear together but actually tried them on in their entirety to make sure everything fit right, went together like I thought they should, etc.), I collected all the pieces and laid them out so that each morning, when I got out of the shower, I could just grab them and put them on -- no digging through the closet or jewelry box necessary.  (I also wrote down the items on a list so it's easy for me to later recreate these outfits if I want to -- sometimes it's really not obvious what black pants I'm wearing in a given photo, for example, but it matters because in person, they are not really fully interchangeable in terms of fabric or fit.  I'm including descriptions of the items on this post for easy future reference.)

Actually, I put together these and 19 other outfits -- so tomorrow I will select 5 more from my list of "ready to go" outfits, collect and organize the components of the outfits, and be ready for the week.

Tuesday -- 4/8/14

I'm so, so happy that my office does not get overheated on sunny afternoons (when the outdoor temperature is a lovely 60 or whatever)!  I would have been dying in long sleeves and a blazer at home, but it felt just right at work.


*Blue bowtie shirt from Lands End
Black pants with black stripes (thrifted)
Black herringbone blazer (thrifted)
Black buckle flats by Me Too

Wednesday -- 4/9/14

Yep, using the Business Casual 101 black patterned item principle here with the black pants, black shoes, and the black-and-blue floral scarf.


*Blue lace front sweater from Kohl's
Black pinstripe pants (thrifted)
Black oxford shoes (thrifted)
Blue floral scarf from Target

Thursday -- 4/10/14

Hard to believe I waited until Day 3 to show up in animal print, isn't it?


*Black and brown ponte knit dress from Lands End (this thing is made of incredibly thick and wonderful fabric and it has nice roomy pockets on the front -- highly recommended)
*Brown button-up shirt (thrifted)
Brown leggings
Brown riding boots
Black claw/tooth necklace

Friday -- 4/11/14

I noticed this week that some women in my department do wear (nice) jeans to work, but I'm not planning to go there yet -- I have not seen anyone at my level or above in jeans, and I have enough other pants that I don't need to rely on jeans to put outfits together.  So instead I went with the black + color + black/color scarf stand-by.


Black 5-pocket pants from Rafaella
Red v-neck long-sleeved knit shirt (thrifted, Lands End)
Red belt from Target
Red/purple/black scarf from Target
Birds of paradise patterned socks from Amazon
Red buckle flats from Me Too
Black travel cardigan (thrifted, Chico's)

2 comments:

jen said...

Cute all around. Love the animal print dress!

Sally said...

Thanks! I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice the animal print dress was -- nice job, Lands End.