Thursday, April 17, 2014

Job Search Miscellany

No, I'm not still looking for a job, but I'm still getting contacted about jobs I applied for a while back.

Last week I got a call and email for an interview on a job I applied for on March 17 (the last job I applied for).  That's less than a month, so not too bad a response, especially given that it was with state government.

Today I got a letter in the mail telling me that a different state agency has hired someone else for a position for which I interviewed on January 16 -- 3 months?  Not very good.

But this takes all.  Today I also got an email thanking me for submitting an application with a company (note: not government agency) on a position that I applied for on August 10, 2013.  Over 8 months to acknowledge my application???  Well, maybe they'll be ready to do interviews 3 years from now when perhaps I'll be interested in looking at alternate job opportunities.

No comments: