Thursday, April 3, 2014

Out Like a Lamb...

...If By That You Mean, Wearing Wool -- 3/28/14

Can't believe it was late March before I pulled out this wool sweater to wear, but that's Snow City for you.  Almost anywhere else, a wool sweater decorated with snowflakes would look utterly ridiculous this time of year; here, it was only mildly so.


*Grey wool snowflake cardigan - thrifted, J. Crew

What To Wear When Buying a New Car -- 3/29/14

I wore this with jeans, my lavendar all-weather mocs, and a hot pink ski jacket. 


Striped shirt - thrifted, Bass
Pink statement necklace - Outfit Additions

Flower Power -- 3/30/14

I bought several things from Lands End, but had less luck than usual -- I only kept this silky flower blouse and a dress.  As my wardrobe shapes up, I'm getting pickier.  This print is really loud, but it has many useful colors and can be covered up partially with a sweater or jacket.


The running-errands on Sunday version of this look involves another great casual jacket I got at Goodwill during our "stock up on jackets for the trip to Yellowstone" visit.  It's a lot like my green military/utility jacket, only in a nifty rust color.


But in the afternoon, on a somewhat warmish sunny day, it was 78 degrees in the apartment upstairs.  Argh!  Soon we will move distinctly from "the season in which I talk about how cold it is in the Skyrim office" to "the season in which I talk about how hot it is upstairs."

*Bold flower print top - Lands End
*Rust utility jacket - thrifted, Kohl's
Beaded statement necklace - Outfit Additions
Jeans - thrifted, Talbots
Yellow flats - 6pm

Cleaning the Office -- 3/31/14

My office has gotten into a state of barely contained chaos.  School stuff (still), sewing stuff, job search stuff, Skyrim stuff, and miscellaneous crap piled up everywhere.  I knew I'd get warm moving everything around, so I went with the classic t-shirt and pants combination.  (Later, with the windows open and fans pulling in the cool outside air, I had to put on a cardigan.)

The good news is that my room is vastly improved (though the table you can see in the photo below is still a disaster zone).  I was very, very happy to get rid of some clothes that didn't fit or that I didn't like (I finished up a project I've been slowly working on for a couple weeks of trying on everything that I own to make a decision about them).  Between that and moving my most casual clothes and shoes to the office closet, I was able to find room in the bedroom closet for all my work clothes (except my interview suit, which I'm keeping in the office) and shoes!  (This is only possible because Robert takes up so little space with his clothes -- thanks, sweetie.)

I was also color-coordinated with my new car, which I drove home after dark in a rain/hail deluge.  (The blind spot detection was put to good use because my visibility was bad.  The car performed like a champ.)


*Striped t-shirt - thrifted (88 cents), Eddie Bauer
Black pants - thrifted, Dockers
Red statement necklace - Outfit Additions
Red flats - Me Too

1 comment:

mom said...

No wearing wool here now. It's supposed to get up to 83 today and is already 76 at 9:00 in the morning. Glad you got to wear the gray wool sweater.