Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Outfit Catchup Again


Jen Recommends, I Deliver -- 3/24/14

I followed Jen's suggestion to try the cascading cardigan with skinny jeans and boots -- I used the second of the two cardigans and added a scarf (tied the ends together to make a long fauxfinity scarf).


I've also decided for my own documentation to list all the items in the outfits, indicating new ones with an asterisk.

*Blue cascading cardigan - Coldwater Creek
Geometric print scarf - Kohl's
Skinny jeans - thrifted, Old Navy
Black riding boots - Fitzwell

Animal Print and Maroon -- 3/25/14

I'm continuing to work up business casual outfits in advance of my job starting next week (eek!).  One of my dress-for-work mantras is "put a blazer on it" because that seems to make almost any outfit more office-environment compatible. 


Gotta see a close-up of these cool socks.  Grey-and-black leopard print + Grey-and-black stripes = awesomeness.


Animal print knit shirt - Jones New York
Maroon blazer - Lands End
Black pants - thrifted, JC Penney
Necklace - gift
*Grey and black striped socks - Sock Dreams
*Comfy black flats - Zappos

Pink for Spring -- 3/25/14

I was happy to find a couple of pastel colored pullover sweaters for the spring season.  Because it's not yet actually spring weatherwise, I paired this one with a fun striped cardigan.  (Yes, I love grey with stripes for some reason.)


Loved how this combination of sweaters with this necklace turned out.  Put this top half over grey pants and different shoes and it'd be a comfy but nice looking work outfit.


Apparently this outfit is brought to you by Kohl's....
*Pink lace pullover sweater -- Kohl's
*Grey striped cardigan -- thrifted, Kohl's
Jeans - Kohl's
Necklace - Kohl's
Shoes - Skechers

Caterpillars Don't But I Do -- 3/26/14

I liked the tall black boots so well that I decided to get a brown pair of the same kind while they were on sale.  The boots kind of look black in the picture, but they are brown -- albeit a dark brown. 

Man, wear riding boots with jeans and a blazer and it's very easy to get an equestrian vibe going even without the horsey scarf.


*Brown blazer -- thrifted, Ann Taylor
Green animal print scarf -- thrifted
Skinny jeans - thrifted, Old Navy
*Brown riding boots - Fitzwell

2 comments:

mom said...

The cascading cardigan with skinny jeans and boots does look fab. Jennifer is right! I also like the pink top with the gray striped sweater and the necklace, too. You have so much great stuff to wear to work, Sally. Aren't you glad you've been working on it all this time?

jen said...

Yes, looks great! Also really love the equestrian look, so I think it means I love those boots on you! :)

I decided last night that I need to sneak more "geeky" items into my wardrobe. The look of shock when people meet me and realize I write code is kind of funny, but maybe I should set them up for it just a little bit. I wore a tech t-shirt with a casual blazer and jeans, and maybe my glasses, recently, and that felt about right. I am back in Silicon Valley after all.