Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Changeable Midwestern Weather

This past week has been a roller-coaster!

Thursday -- 4/17/14

Definitely still in a late winter mode here.  I took advantage of what I hope will be among my last opportunities to wear my heavy velvet-type blazer.


*Black/red/white patterned dress (thrifted)
Black velvet-type blazer (thrifted)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell
Red scarf from Target

Friday -- 4/18/14

A little warmer, but still cool enough to layer a long-sleeved shirt with a pullover sweater.  This is the top half of an outfit I wore earlier in the season; I just switched into work-compatible pants.


Navy long-sleeved button-up shirt (thrifted)
Orange and navy striped pullover sweater (thrifted)
88 cent navy pants (thrifted)
Navy bowtie flats from Rocket Dog
Hammered silver necklace from JNY

And then the weekend came, and it was in the 70s and sunny in the afternoon, which meant it was ferociously, impossibly warm in the apartment, like 85 degrees warm, even with the windows open and fans running.  The last couple weeks of April can be bad because the complex (and this was also true of the university) has not shifted over from heating to cooling yet.  It was too warm on Sunday for me to even feel alert enough to do the crossword puzzles in the newspaper -- I sat around sweating in my chair, reading a novel and playing Word With Friends on Robert's tablet PC.  (I know, poor me, right?)  Bah, I say.

Monday -- 4/21/14

The warm weather continued.  I'm glad I chose to wear such a lightweight shirt under the cardigan because even my office got a bit uncomfortably warm in the afternoon.  (Mostly, I felt like I wished I weren't wearing trouser socks.  I'm not sure why I didn't just take the suckers off.  Oh well, next time.)   I blissed out in my car's A/C for the 40 minutes home, making sure to blow air on my feet.  It was crazy uncomfortably warm in the apartment when I got home, so I changed immediately into a tank top and shorts, as though I were going to be exercising.  But this bunny don't exercise when it's 80 degrees indoors.  It is all about the flop.


Navy floral cotton blouse (thrifted)
Teal cardigan from Lands End
Light "denim" trousers from Kohls
*Teal and silver necklace from JNY
*Blue patent pointed-toe flats by BP via Nordstrom -- I got these in a few colors and I'm excited about them.  They're surprisingly comfy because the material is soft (it's synthetic, not leather), but may run kind of warm.  This pair was also a bit squeaky (in a subtle way, but I noticed it occasionally) on the first wear; I hope that subsides once they're broken in. 

Tuesday -- 4/22/14

I was prepared for another warm (though less so than the last few days) and sunny day.  When I left work without my cardigan on, it was actually a bit too cool, which was a wonderful change.


*Silky white/blue/red/black blouse (thrifted)
Royal blue cardigan from Lands End
Black Rafaella pants (thrifted)
Red bubble necklace from Outfit Additions
Black buckle flats by Me Too

1 comment:

mom said...

Fab, as usual. I really liked the navy floral blouse.