Thursday, March 31, 2016

Out Like a Lamb...

...because snow is also white and fluffy, right?  Well, despite the forecast two days ago, we did not get snow today.  It warmed up enough to be rain.  Actual liquid rain, not any of that freezing rain/wintry mix nonsense. 

This reminds me, my sister's dog is particularly attracted to small fluffy white dogs she meets at the dog park.  (She is also happy to sniff at other dogs, but does seem to go out of her way to greet small fluffy white dogs.  I saw this in action last weekend.)  I'm partial to small fluffy dogs, too.  My sister said that she thinks her dog is interested in small fluffy white pups because they are similar to the white Persian cat that they used to have.  Awwww, right?

Speaking of cats... 

"Cheetah Repeatah"--Thursday, 3/31/16

Focal item:  Coral red knit dress from Lands End

I wanted to wear this one another time during the Work the Wardrobe Challenge and found two inspiration ideas to combine.

#1:  She calls this adorable bird print dress a "teacher dress."  I'm liking the red dress/grey blazer combination.

From 260daysnorepeats.blogspot.com

#2:  A light grey blazer worn with a dress in a familiar shape (though her dress is a different brand, and she combines grey and yellow in a way that my light skin/hair combination can't pull off).

From myeverydaywear.blogspot.com

I absolutely love how the coral red + light grey color combination turned out!


Coral red knit dress (Lands End), $9.00/wear
Light grey blazer (JNY), $2.21/wear
Coral cheetah infinity scarf (thrifted), $0.38/wear
Grey tights
Grey ribbon flats by Louise et Cie, $5.56/wear

Outfit total: $17.15/wear

And everything's a little bit better with some animal print, no?  The cheetah nose knows this is true.


In other news...I loved this post about a fashion blogger's bunny obsession.  (This is the same woman who has that awesome rabbit bag charm.)  I about died at "bunny of honor."  And look, are these not the cutest bunny flats??  (Unfortunately, at 315 euros, these are not in my price range.)

From hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com

2 comments: