Monday, March 28, 2016

Superbaby Easter

Not a Peep--Monday, 3/28/16

Today's Reverse Inspiration is one of 12 Easter outfit ideas in this article.

From babble.com

Color match--good.  Seasonal match--not so good.


Cream cardigan vest (JCP), $11.73/wear
Magenta pants (thrifted, Target), $1.13/wear
Light blue long-sleeved top (Kohls), $1.27/wear
Navy/burgundy/blue birds scarf (Kohls), $2.26/wear
Rabbit brooch (gift from Robert)
Taupe smoking slippers (thrifted, Gap), $2.00/wear

Outfit total: $18.39/wear

But holy hell.

Way back in January, I laid out the outfits for the rest of the Work the Wardrobe Challenge and then allotted them to the remaining weeks of the challenge.  This was based on assumptions about weather as the weeks go on, colors that seem more "winter" like vs. more "spring" like, and making sure I don't have to have 6 clean pairs of black tights all available in the same week.  I assigned this one to the Sunday of Week 12.

And for outfits like this one, I went in search of a reverse inspiration photo on Pinterest and when I found a decent match, I pinned it.

And it's not until just now, when I looked at the original website where this photo came from and looked at the calendar, that I realized that this Easter outfit idea is, indeed, the reverse inspiration of my pre-scheduled Easter Sunday outfit.

Even I am now becoming afraid of my powers.

If Professor Xavier calls, tell him I'm busy drying my hair with a towel, thereby inventing the turban in the first century BC.


As it turned out, I later made arrangements to visit my sister such that I flew home on Easter Sunday, so I moved this outfit to Monday.

Given the Easter connection, I obviously had to put on my rabbit in celebration of this most bunnilicious holiday!


I hope that realizing I can always get my rabbit on by pinning this brooch to my sweater will keep me from too much longing to purchase this adorable rabbit sweater from J. Crew, to the tune of $85.  It's really cute!  But for $85...I don't think so.

From jcrew.com

In other news....Speaking of adorable, my nephew, aka Superbaby, has the cuteness of 100 rabbits.  That's saying a lot, I know, but seriously.  He is much less disapproving than rabbits, though--he was hardly fussy at all (by baby standards--my mom commented multiple times on how much easier/calmer/etc. he is than my sister was at that age--which goes to show that the adage about how having a baby brings payback is balderdash) and likes to give big gurgling grins at people. 

It's also been established that he has my nose.  You might think I'd find this inconvenient, given that I need it to hold up my glasses, but he's so cute I don't even care.  You can just keep it, Superbaby!  I'll find another one! 

He was fascinated by my shirt on the first day--it is a white t-shirt with a bold black outline leaf pattern (it looks like a coloring book drawing of leaves to me).  The word is that babies really like this kind of high contrast print and that it stimulates their visual acuity.  Superbaby was definitely digging that leaf pattern.  So if you're going to meet a young baby, I highly recommend some striking black-and-white patterned clothes!  It will draw and keep the baby's attention, which you can choose to interpret as the baby finding you attractive, charming, and lovable, AND the baby gets to work on developing their vision.  A win-win!

Oh, and as might be obvious in the last couple paragraphs, when visiting a baby, be sure to bring extra exclamation points with you.  Though shouting directly at the baby is not recommended, the overwhelming adorableness will have you reaching for !!!! again and again when talking to other adults or the pet dog (who, by the way, will be thrilled!!!!!!!! to have you there for pets, play, walks, wrestling, etc.).

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Superbaby misses you, but at least he gets to hang on to your nose, as well as his cute bunny outfit! :)

Sally said...

The Superbaby photos on FB definitely helped me with my withdrawal symptoms :)