Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The End of a Short Work Week

"Meower Suit"--Tuesday, 3/22/16

Hey, it's not my fault.  This polyvore inspiration photo has a lot going on for an outfit comprised of neutrals!

From uniqueimage.polyvore.com

I took it as an opportunity to wear my "new" leopard sweater vest...that I bought at Goodwill in June.  I've had plenty of time to wear it, but I've been a little intimidated by it somehow.  Weird, huh?  But I mastered my trepidation and jumped right in to creating a version of this outfit.


Dark grey wide leg trousers (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $0.83/wear
Black tipped blazer (JNY), $6.81/wear
White button up shirt (thrifted, Kohls), $2.00/wear
*Leopard sweater vest (thrifted, Walmart), $3.75/wear+
Grey ribbon flats by Louise et Cie, $7.14/wear
Green gumdrop necklace (Target), $6.24/wear

Outfit total: $26.77/wear

It wasn't so scary once I got started!  I really like how the (initially kind of worrisome) thin knit and body-con fit of the sweater vest actually make it a great piece for layering between a somewhat stiff button up shirt and a blazer, adding a little warmth and visual interest without bulk, and even smoothing down the shirt a bit in the process.  I tried my maroon flats but because I am in sock season, I thought they looked a bit strange, so I switched in a pair of grey flats with black ribbon detail to (all together now!) make the combination of black blazer and grey pants look intentional.  The light green necklace seemed to work in the space created by the shirt's neckline and echoes the green-ish tinge of the vest.


In other news...Tomorrow my mom and I are headed west to see my sister, brother-in-law, and their adorable baby!  Let's hope that the snow that's expected tomorrow doesn't interfere with our plans.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

At least you will not see snow while you're here!

Sally said...

No, looks like highs around 70 while I'm there--pretty nice!