Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Making It Through the Week

"Somber Ombre Leopard: A Brown Study"--Wednesday, 3/16/16

Focal item: Brown cardigan

I liked this combination of brown cardigan, white shirt, and dark teal skirt.  Add in an animal print accessory and I'm sold!

From momomod.com

For comfort, I substituted a white T-shirt, and for warmth, I added leggings and tall boots.


Brown cardigan (Kohls), $2.74/wear+
White long-sleeved V neck T (Lands End), $1.50/wear
Dark teal skirt (JCP), $2.26/wear
Brown leopard scarf (Target), $3.66/wear
Brown leggings
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $5.83/wear

Outfit total: $15.99/wear

And of course to get the animal print in, I used my trusty brown leopard scarf.  I love that the background color on this scarf is a graduated white-to-dark-brown, and that the color palette is on the cool side rather than warm (orange-y) side.  It's prettier than a plain brown leopard scarf, and I like that I can choose whether to feature the darker colors or the lighter colors by how I tie it.


In other news...I'm glad to have my Wednesday work day behind me but I am dreading my 7:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow.  Oh, and the offsite meeting on Friday from 12-2.  WTF.  Let's have a meeting during the whole part of the day that it would make any sense to eat.  Do I want to be done eating by 11:30 a.m. or wait to start lunch closer to 2:30 p.m.?  What great choices.

I'm tired this evening and I've got nothing.  Well, I've got a photo of some cute bunnies.  Check out the English spot with the beauty mark on his cheek. 

4 comments:

mom said...

I'm sure just looking at these sweet bunnies made your mood better. How can you resist? Resistance is futile!

Sally said...

I will be assimilated!

Jen M. said...

My last interview went through lunch and they didn't feed me. I was feeling pretty loopy by the end, despite having tried to eat an early lunch before it started. Luckily they still hired me, but man! If that happens ever again I will ask for a snack for sure.

Sally said...

Food deprivation interview? Were they testing you for military-grade endurance?

I have packed a bag of almonds and dark chocolate chips for my late meeting, and no, I'm not bringing enough for the class ;)

Actually the good news is that because about 7/10 of the people in the second meeting have a meeting just before it in our building, the location has changed. This means we'll be meeting in our dept head's office and she always has candy so I will not be the only one noshing as the lunch hour comes and goes.

She and my supervisor have so many back-to-back meetings at awkward times, I wonder whether they even eat lunch consistently.