Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pan-Celtic

Celebrating a Scottish St Patrick's Day--Thursday, 3/17/16

From this outfit I took away the idea of plaid skirt and cardigan/blazer in a greenish hue that matches the skirt.

From bluecollarredlipstick.com

Because my skirt has more of a green than teal color, I used my dark green ponte blazer (and a black top to coordinate with the black lapels).  Tights and librarian shoes complete the look.


Red plaid skirt (thrifted, Hannah Anderson), $4.00/wear
Black heavy knit top (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $0.80/wear
Dark green ponte blazer (thrifted, Target), $3.00/wear
Gold tassel necklace (Kohls), $1.25/wear
Black tights
Black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $4.80/wear

Outfit total: $13.85/wear

It's nice to take advantage of the (very little) wiggle room in my Work the Wardrobe Challenge schedule to get a repeat wear of some of my recent winter-ish clothing purchases, like this skirt and blazer, before the weather warms up.  Because it will.  It will, I tell you!


Just not, you know, any time soon.  It was a shockingly chilly 40 F when I left work this afternoon.  All this humidity and wind makes it feel so cold.  I had switched into my spring trench coat for the days reaching 50 F but I think it's time to go back to a warmer coat for a while.

In other news...I made it to and survived my 7:30 meeting this morning.  Luckily I had been to that location before so it wasn't too difficult to find my way to the parking lot and into the right room.  It was definitely a good meeting, so I'm glad I went, but I am also glad the next meeting of this early-bird group isn't for at least another month.

Speaking of early birds, migration is happening early this year with all the warm weather we've been having across the US.  This morning at breakfast Robert and I heard our first robin of spring!

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Be sure to check the forecast for next week. It felt like summer here today!

Sally said...

It'll feel like a real vacation though both space and time!