Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Big Cats and Little Cats

And Strange Warmness--Tuesday, 3/8/16

Lorena is having a lot of fun with her pattern mix...on a business trip.  If I had to travel for work as much as she does, I would NOT look this good (says the person who doesn't like driving across town for a meeting, hah).  Inspired by her spirited ensemble, I thought I would try a black and white check + red pattern mix here at home.

From myeverydaywear.blogspot.com

This was a good chance to wear my red leopard blouse for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge while working all kinds of Data Magick in my office.


Red leopard blouse (JNY), $4.80/wear+
Black check jacket (JNY), $6.58/wear
Black 5 pocket pants (thrifted, Rafaella), $0.45/wear
Striped Seeley Booth socks (Sock Dreams)
Black LifeStride flats, $1.30/wear

Outfit total: $13.13/wear

And I am wearing my favorite Seeley Booth socks today, too.  Wearing these socks makes me think, Man, why don't I wear pants in the winter more often?  And then, Oh right, because tights are easier to fit into snow boots when commuting to work.  Luckily today we were only expecting a little bit of rain, and these shoes are up to that challenge. 


As it turned out, the rain happened before I woke up this morning--I walked across a damp parking lot but that was it.  Unlike the weather in Tam's world, where massive thunderstorms scared her cat to death for hours on end.  Good thing cats have 9 lives.

In other news...It was 77 F in our apartment when I got home from work today.  WTF???? It's like it's trying to be actual spring in Coldville or something.  Surely not.  It's cooling down now that I have the windows open.

No comments: