Monday, March 21, 2016

Briefly

"English Green Swirl"--Monday, 3/20/16

The blogger is wearing a beanie that her sister bought for her at Target because the closest one is an hour away from where she lives (sad trombone, right?).  But more relevant to me, she is wearing a green skirt, black top, and grey vest...which I can modify for my purposes.

From dresscorilynn.com

For me, this becomes green dress, black sweater vest, and black herringbone blazer.


Green knit dress (Lands End), $6.75/wear
Black sweater vest (thrifted, Foxcroft), $0.50/wear
Black herringbone blazer (thrifted, Studio 1940), $0.45/wear
Green/navy paisley silk scarf (thrifted), $7.50/wear+
Black tights
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman, $2.80/wear

Outfit total: $18.00/wear

I was skeptical at first of how well this green/navy scarf would work because of the whole black vs. navy thing, but I think it works very nicely.  I'm glad I gave it a try (prompted by my desire to get the cost-per-wear of the scarf down!).


No comments: