Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday Post-Time Change

"Invested in Prison"--Monday, 3/14/16

Today's Reverse Inspiration truly speaks to my sartorial power over time and space.  Not only did I make Amazon sell a mint cardigan vest with a shawl collar for men, I caused them to sell out of it.  They are even styling it with black and white stripes.  (However, I take no blame for what must be among the strangest dress shirts I've ever seen.  I have no idea what purpose--practical or aesthetic or symbolic--built-in dual khaki armbands serve.)


My outfit serves to celebrate the post-Easter winter-to-spring transition.


*Mint cardigan vest (JCP), $23.46/wear+
Black and white striped long-sleeved top (Chaps/Kohls), $3.89/wear
Black space dye skirt (Old Navy), $2.00/wear
Black tights
Black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $5.17/wear

Outfit total: $34.52/wear

It feels weird not wearing a necklace, but this combination of shirt and sweater necklines isn't promising for that.  I did wear some statement earrings (the big black leaf ones), however.


In other news...Is everyone struggling after the time change? Are you eating pie today to celebrate Pi Day (3.14)?  (I had forgotten about Pi Day until I went to an off-site meeting where people were having an apple pie.)

I was feeling nauseated this morning after having flax oil for breakfast (it's not uncommon for me to have a short-ish wave of nausea around 8:30 or so after having flax oil at 6:30) and when I saw myself in the bathroom mirror at work, I was like: Nausea + roomy cardigan vest = person who seems possibly hiding an early stage pregnancy.  Nope, none of that going on! 

I am feeling a bit tired and a bit worn out from several intense meetings today.  I think it's time to play a bit of Fallout and decompress.

2 comments:

rvman said...

I think the overly-skinny white sleeves with the khaki insert would make a guy look like he's bandaged from shoulder to wrist - the victim of a horrific accident involving fire, maybe.

Sally said...

Agreed. Someone give him some Stimpaks, stat!