Thursday, March 3, 2016

Closet Update

And More Plaid--Thursday, 3/3/16

One woman's Christmas (2013) bow tie outfit is another woman's late-winter going to work again outfit. Plaid + herringbone is a pattern match just up my alley.


I continue attempting to work these plaid pants that are a mysterious shape and length.  They're like ankle pants...but they're made from wool, which you typically wear at a time/season when bearing your ankles isn't exactly on.  I wear them with these boots, and I can't really tell if it's weird or not, but I'll tell myself I'm taking a page from Angie's recent playbook and wearing cropped pants with high-shaft booties to "close the gap on my ankle."

I'm not convinced.  It's time to send these pants back to Goodwill for a shorter person to find.  (And now that I have two plaid skirts, I will focus my plaid inspirations on them.)  It's kind of too bad though--I found them extremely comfortable to wear today.  Oh well.  I'm sure my closet/Goodwill can provide me with more extremely comfortable pants that are not also a strange length.


Black/maroon plaid pants (thrifted, Talbots), $2.50/wear+
Black long-sleeved T (Walmart), $0.71/wear
Black herringbone blazer (thrifted, Studio 1940), $0.50/wear
Black scarf (Target), $1.50/wear
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman, $2.91/wear

Outfit total: $8.12/wear (nice!)

I didn't wear a bow tie, but will a black scarf do?


In other news...I don't often get to report positive K-12 education news about Oklahoma, but they do surprisingly well in this report card of civil rights coverage in state education standards.  3 states earned As and 8 states earned Bs, including Oklahoma, North Carolina and California.  Texas does poorly, as you'd expect, as does my current state (!!!!), earning Ds.

Big Closet Purge update:  I have gotten rid of 92 items from my closet!  Some of these items I had already put aside but most of them have been purged this week.  They had an average cost per wear of $3.12 at the time of removal.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

I am so close to getting rid of most of my clothes. It sounds really appealing. But... I guess I'll wait a year in hopes that some of them fit again.

Sally said...

Yeah, I can see how it is appealing, but I think it's wise to give yourself some time before taking drastic action.