Friday, March 11, 2016

Fashion Tips!

"French Cowgirl"--Friday, 3/11/16

It's nice to have an inspiration photo from Already Pretty, the blog that deserves the credit for my being able to go outside in the Snow City/Coldville area and not become a sodden snowy mess and slowly freeze to death.  (It was also my introduction to the body-positive Internet community and a gateway drug for fashion blogs in general.)

Let's see what I can do with the outfit on the right.

From alreadypretty.com

Incorporating three items for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge, with only about 5 weeks to go, is rather impressive in its own right.


Aqua cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's), $10.00/wear+
Brown quilted jacket (thrifted, Kmart), $1.00/wear+
Denim skirt (thrifted, Levi's), $1.00/wear
Maroon leggings
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman, $10.55/wear
Blue/maroon floral silk scarf (thrifted, Art Institute of Chicago), $5.00/wear+

Outfit total: $27.55/wear

But I enjoyed the outfit, too.  Win-win.

I decided to tie my square silk neck scarf like Jen does here in her French-inspired outfit.


From librarianforlifestyle.com

I liked how it turned out.  And I got a compliment on my outfit from a co-worker today, which was nice.


In other news...Tam sent me this killer fashion tips video from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert featuring the sharp-dressing bandleader Jon Batiste.  I need to start working on Lesson One: Name Your Outfits.  "Every outfit has its own personality," he tells us.  Can I come up with names as good as "Hallucinating Referee" and "The Slim Grimace"?  Time will tell.

I think "French Cowgirl" isn't a bad start, though.  Yee-haw, ma chere.

1 comment:

Jen M. said...

I like the French Cowgirl look on you!