Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Elephant Season, Rainy Season

"Greige Elephant"--Tuesday, 3/15/16

Christine blames the 5 a.m. haze for the choice of gold heels in this outfit.  I'm not up and dressed at 5 a.m., nor am I going to wear heels (or bare legs in this season), but I can get on board with a purple-ish colored dress and a beige-grey knit blazer.

From work-it-blog.blogspot.com

I really like how these colors went together here.  My initial instinct would be to wear this dress with a straight up, true grey blazer (and I'm sure I will do that) but I'm glad I tried it with this more taupe colored blazer.  "Purple/blue," "beige-grey"--if only it were always the case that weird, intermediate, difficult to name colors always went together.


Purple/blue fit and flare dress (Kohls), $6.67/wear
Beige-grey ponte knit blazer (Target), $3.12/wear
White elephant scarf (Charming Charlie), $5.00/wear
Grey leggings
Tall grey boots by LifeStride, $11.11/wear

Outfit total: $25.90/wear

Elephant pendants, elephant scarves...I guess it's elephant season.

Which elephant season?

--Musth, when bull elephants become highly aggressive, with testosterone levels up to 60 times normal?

--Elephant mating season?

I refuse to think about any other kind of elephant season, like where guns might be involved.  Shame on you, Captain Spaulding.

In other news...My tough week continues.  Woke up with a headache and an immediate leg cramp as soon as I tried to move.  I'm sure my headache was partially caused/not helped by the fact that it was raining today, though I did feel a bit of gratitude that at least I wasn't having to drive to work with full sun in my face, blinding me and causing a headache spike.

I actually made it through the workday better than I had hoped (a glass of caffeinated tea helped) but topped off the day by trying to enter the wrong apartment when I got home.  Why isn't my key working?  Oh shit.  I'm on the wrong floor.

I can't tell if I actually pushed the wrong button on the elevator or (and this happens very occasionally, so I'm sorta holding out hope here that it did this time) someone else had pushed the button for floor 1 and I automatically got out when the elevator doors opened.  (Yeah, this does sometimes happen even when there's no one else in the elevator.  Maybe there's an invisible person who likes to fuck with us or there's someone who realizes that they should be walking up the one flight of stairs from the garage to floor 1.)

It's good I didn't have any truly difficult tasks today, like my baby nephew who is trying to learn how to fall asleep on his own (not being nursed, in mom's arms, or in a swing).  It was a challenging Day 1 for him today but he's making progress.

Let's all be inspired by this baby's efforts to be a good sleeper and get our full-grown asses to bed on time tonight, shall we?  (Well, maybe that won't work for my sister but she has a good excuse.)  I can definitely use my 8 hours tonight...especially since I have an offsite meeting on Thursday morning at 7:30 (!?!?!?!?).

2 comments:

mom said...

I like your blazer and it looks fab with the dress and scarf! You got an A+ on that one.

Sally said...

Thanks! :)