Friday, March 4, 2016

Double the Herringbone

Double the Fun (or the Possibility of Choking to Death?)--Friday, 3/4/16

In the other outfit photo with this post, Claire mentions that if she doesn't tie this one scarf a certain way, it's so bulky that she can't see her feet, and thus risks stepping on her students at work.  Let's add that to "work problems I don't have."  But in this streamlined outfit, no children will be stomped! 

From whyidodeclaire.blogspot.com

I thought this was a great opportunity to wear my Dr Watson herringbone jacket again (though as it turns out, this means wearing herringbone jackets two days in a row!).  Like Claire, I'm going to make life easier for myself, layering-wise, by not trying to wear a long-sleeved pullover sweater underneath my blazer.  Enter: white sweater vest.  While I love her orchid shirt, I don't have anything that color, so I will sub a striped shirt I need for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge.


Red button up shirt with cream and black stripes (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $1.33/wear+
White sweater vest (thrifted, Casual Corner), $2.25/wear
Grey herringbone hunting jacket (thrifted, Relativity), $3.37/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $1.02/wear
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $2.84/wear
Red/silver pendant (JCP), $5.12/wear

Outfit total: $15.93/wear

Another nice thing about this white sweater vest: it creates a great background for wearing a long pendant.  I'm still a shorter statement necklace kind of girl, really, but I'm enjoying these longer pendants as a way to change things up a bit. 


I doubled-down on bold jewelry by wearing these grey-red earrings from Charming Charlie, too.  Red + grey = awesome, I'm telling you.
 

I like this shirt in many ways but the sleeves are a bit on the short side (a common theme for long-sleeved garments around here) so I decided to add it to the second gigantic bag of stuff to take to Goodwill.  The sleeve length on this jacket though?  Fabulous.

In other news...Last night's Republican presidential debate?  YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP.  And after pointing out the myriad ways that Trump is fundamentally unqualified to be president--that he's a crazy, lying racist asshole, he's an immature bully who threatens disabled people, he's a fraud and a phony and a con man--and watching him brag about his dick size, condone torture, and generally display derangement in multiple forms, every single one of those mother fuckers said that they would indeed vote for him if he is the Republican nominee. 

Every single one of them.

They would put Trump in charge of this country.  They would put nuclear weapons in the hands of a man who has just said that he would order soldiers to kill terrorists' families, thus violating the Geneva Convention: "If I say ‘do it,’ they’re going to do it."  They would vote for a man they just spent a couple of hours attacking in the harshest of terms.  A man they have publicly stated with great conviction to be a danger to our country.  Well, fuck the lot of you.  (That goes extra for John Kasich, of whom I have higher expectations.)  The Republican party deserves to get utterly trashed in the upcoming election if this is the best they can do.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

I'm truly frightened by the rise of Trump. It is so out of control I can't believe it. I like to think there's no way he could actually get elected but... I don't know. I think I need to become Republican in time for the CA primary.

In other news, should we all send Cruz some Boogie Wipes? They work great on my baby's boogies...

Sally said...

Jen, I hear you. And--hah!