Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Once More for the Season

Try Try Again--Tuesday, 8/4/15

I wasn't thrilled with how my first outfit featuring my striped seersucker pants turned out, so I wanted to give them (and me, as their stylist) a second chance while it's still summer.

Oddly, I turned to a retailer styling example for this one as well--J. Crew this time.

From jcrew.com

I had decided that the black I wore last time was a bit harsh, so I thought a blue and white patterned top seemed like a nice alternative.  And I added this cardigan vest that I kind of want to wear with everything right now.


White/black striped seersucker pants (thrifted, the Limited), $2.25/wear
Blue knit top with black and white scroll print (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $2.00/wear+
Navy open weave cardigan vest (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $1.88/wear
Faux infinity necklace from Mom
Chambray flats (Payless), $8.50/wear

I am much, much happier with how the navy and blue work with these pants...which is weird, because I have closely inspected the pants several times to confirm that the stripes are black, albeit a very faded black that looks blue somehow.


Here is an apartment photo that is neither thematically or visually related to my outfit--a view of the living room and the edge of the kitchen from the long hallway.  And yes, that chair in the living room is wearing an old red and blue striped shirt of Robert's.  That's not weird at all.  (Aha, stripes!  That's the unifying feature!)


In other news...Today was a kind of annoying, grumptastic day at work, but I only had to stay 15 minutes late to finish with the madness, so I guess that's OK.  I have to go to a conference tomorrow that sounds boring and I really don't want to go--I would much rather just report to my office as usual.  Everything else aside, a work day for which I cannot bring my huge Thermos of iced tea is kind of unacceptable.

No comments: