Monday, August 17, 2015

Pink Panther...or Leopard

Another Summer Day--Monday, 8/17/15

I like how Erin paired bright pink flats with a black pencil skirt, white blouse, and a splash of brown leopard print.

(Erin's blog is great for a lot of reasons, but part of it is that she and I are a similar size.  I am happy that there is such a wide range of sizes represented by bloggers--though of course the smallest sizes are over-represented.  I can get inspiration from bloggers of all shapes and sizes, but it's especially nice to see bloggers who look like you.  I mean, Erin even rocks the blonde hair and pale legs combo!)

From tealandpolkadots.blogspot.com

I kept many of these basic elements from her outfit but moved some of them around for my version.


Black pencil skirt (thrifted, Briggs New York), $1.00/wear+
Brown leopard blouse (Kohls), $10.00/wear+
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom), $2.84/wear+
Bright pink flats (Payless), $2.17/wear

Outfit total: $16.01/wear

My initial idea was that I would wear my white/gold polka dot scarf with the blouse (and no cardigan) for some pattern mixing madness, but that didn't work out.  I really like this leopard top (only worn once before now--argh!) but it fits awkwardly/bunches up a bit in the back, so I decided I needed another layer.  I do not think I normally would have thought to try a white cardigan but I like the contrast against the leopard print and black--it really brightens up the look in a seasonally-appropriate way.

I initially tried it with the pink necklace (shown above) but decided I didn't care for it.  Let's let these bright pink shoes carry the color here.


I already have an inspiration photo for a fall/winter version of this brown leopard blouse + black pencil skirt combo.  Not sure whether the Work the Wardrobe Challenge will make it easy for me to revisit these pieces, but the inspiration will keep.

I could not resist the vibrancy of these flowers at the greenhouse in the "little" zoo in town.


In other news...Did you have a good Monday?  Mine was better, and the work day went by faster, than I'd expected, though admittedly that was a pretty low bar.

Tomorrow I am going to try submitting the "action plan" for the federal data collection I've been working on for months (a year even maybe) by emailing them to the support center help desk because I cannot find any information on the website about where to submit them AND the help desk has not responded to my request for that information.  God, I cannot wait for this project to be over!  The last few weeks have just been a shambles (not on my end, either).  I am starting to understand why my predecessor just submitted 0s instead of leaving blanks for the areas we have missing data--entering inaccurate data is a whole lot easier than the nonsense I've been going through.

No comments: