Monday, August 10, 2015

Flowers and Linen

Here We Go Again--Monday, 8/10/15

Today's focal item: beige pleated linen skirt

I have two sources of inspiration for my outfit.  First, pairing the skirt with a denim shirt and pastel floral shoes.

From respecttheshoes.blogspot.com

Second, wearing a blue button up shirt and a navy pullover sweater.

From preppy-helter-skelter.tumblr.com

I combined a summerized version of the top half of the second outfit with a comfier version of the shoes from the first outfit.  This is the second time this summer I've put the beige floral flats and the navy cardigan vest together--it remains a winning combination in my book.  I'm really liking how this open-weave vest adds visual interest to an outfit without making it to warm for my office.  Without it, I found this ensemble pretty blah.


Beige skirt (thrifted, J. Jill), $1.67/wear+
Blue embroidered knit top (thrifted, Walmart), $2.00/wear+
Navy cardigan vest (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger), $1.25/wear
Beige floral flats (Payless), $3.25/wear
Hematite/silver bead necklace by RB+

Outfit total: $8.17/wear

Linen is so insanely wrinkly!  I had just ironed this skirt before taking these photographs and it's some combination of still and already wrinkly.  One of these days I might give up on this skirt, despite the fact that I don't mind ironing, but not today.


I guess this is as good a time as any to show you the corner of my office where my (blue cloth covered) ironing board (sometimes) hangs out.  Seeing that "Beware of attack rabbit" sign always makes me smile.


In other news...It was a basically OK day back at work, though I did have a lingering headache. 

This evening I watched the first 3 episodes of New Girl on Netflix streaming while doing strength training/weights/knee exercises.  It's no Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (though oddly, it does have a character named Schmidt), but it was entertaining enough.

2 comments:

jen said...

We watched one or two episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and didn't get into it.... but maybe we should give it another shot. Love New Girl, though they kind of went in the weeds for a bit at one point, but they got it back on track.

Sally said...

I'm not sure why I like UKS so much, but I think the way they play with issues of race/class/sexual identity is part of the appeal.