Saturday, August 15, 2015

Something Free

This Shirt--Saturday, 8/15/15

How did it already become the middle of the month?  I think the summer is accelerating as it goes.

Today's outfit inspiration has the following elements:  burgundy top, denim bottoms, ballet flats, and the color yellow.

From lindsayliving.com

This was a great opportunity for me to wear this Lands End blouse that my mom gave me after they had included in one of her orders by mistake (and she doesn't have any real need for a "wear to the office" type polyester blouse...which I am wearing for the weekend but whatever). 


Burgundy paisley blouse (Lands End, gift from Mom)+
Denim skort (thrifted, Walmart), $1.67/wear
Mustard flats by Mia, $1.27/wear

Outfit total:  $2.94/wear --- nice!

Of course, it's easier to generate an average cost-per-wear under $1 when one of your 3 items was free, but still...the under $2 cost-per-wear of those other two items is pretty good.  The skirt/skort was thrifted, so it was cheap to begin with, and is made out of denim, so it's a basic item that I can get a lot of use out of without feeling like I'm repeating myself.  (I love it when bloggers post wardrobe inventories--one thing I've noticed from reading them is that I have a smaller denim-to-everything-else ratio compared to other people.)

The mustard ballet flats have been a surprisingly useful item.  I got them on sale from 6pm.com, and I've worn them 11 times on my blog.  I guess it helps that these shoes are the only mustard colored item that I own, so when an ensemble calls for mustard, these flats get put into the mix.  I've definitely learned to keep mustard as far away from my hair and face as possible, so shoes are where it's at.


The apartment photo of the day is this view down the kitchen into the dining room/Robert's office nook.  It's too much to ask that  a bottle of mustard be visible in this photo, but rest assured that there are at least two kinds of mustard in that refrigerator at all times.


In other news...I didn't get enough sleep last night (woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep) so today has been a headache fest.  Fun fun.

No comments: