Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rocking the 88 Cent Jacket

Another Christmas vacation tradition is the last Friday of the month 88 cent sale at the thrift store, and once again, I accompanied my mom and her sister in search of crazy ass bargains.  I came home with a paper bag full of goodies.  I'm in the position where I don't really need anything but for 88 cents, come on!  Even wearing something once, I feel like I'll get my money's worth out of it.

Winter Brights -- Monday, 1/12/14

A versatile, if memorable, piece, this comfy warm blazer features white, black, pink, orange, blue, and green in the pattern.  A good item to build a layered outfit around for the continuing below-zero temperatures.  It was a sunny day, so my office might have been a bit warmer than usual, but still...I found myself at one point this afternoon feeling almost too warm.  Almost.  So, yeah, freezation averted in a cheerful bright jacket and vest combo.


*Black/bright tweed jacket (thrifted, Sag Harbor, 88 cents)
White/black striped button up shirt (thrifted, Old Navy)
Pink sweater vest (thrifted, Fieldgear)
Black pants (thrifted, Macy's)
Black buckle flats by Me Too

Over the previous weekend, I had put together the last 8 work outfits I needed before our move (!!) so I could put the rest of my clothes into wardrobe boxes.  (Well, I also kept out two pairs of jeans, my puffy leopard vest, my Skyrim-office-approved big white "outrageously warm cardigan," and some long-sleeved shirts for the non-work days before the move.)  You're going to see a lot of ankle boots in the days to come, since these black flats are the only shoes I have out that aren't ankle boots or my short snow boots (for commuting) or a pair of cold weather mocs (for moving day in the event of little/no snow) or my bunny slippers (for general stay-at-home awesomeness).

1 comment:

mom said...

The 88 cent jacket looks great and with so many different colors in it you'll get to wear it with many different things.