Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Exhausted

Another pre-move post...

What to Wear After a 3 Day Weekend of Hacking and Packing -- Tuesday, 1/20/15

Really, it was a good weekend in many ways.  We got a ton of packing done on Saturday and Sunday, and Monday I stayed home for MLK Day.  But I pulled an exhaustion trifecta on Monday -- sleepy from insomnia, spent from the physical work of packing all weekend, and that deep body fatigue and ache that comes with illness (a sinus infection).  I wasn't actually hacking too much past Saturday morning (Friday was the worst of that) but I kept the Kimberley-Clark company in the black with the number of Kleenex I used.

So today I was like, Really, I have to go to work?  I was so tired I wanted to cry.  But two things did help -- my car was gorgeous and clean from a marathon scrubbing session on Monday morning (another source of fatigue, of course, but so worth it to see the bright red paint gleaming out from under the winter road grime of Snow City) and I brought some caffeinated tea with me to work.  Oh, and Tam sent me photos of kittens smooshed against glass, and kittens = awesome.

It would have been nice to have an easier project to work on than the one I had, but being so mentally challenged made the day fly by in a good kind of way, even if I was experiencing significant cognitive fatigue by the time I left for home (and had started yawning around 4:00).

But my energy levels revived again after eating dinner and having a conversation with Robert about our weird data issues at work and an article about CLEP tests in Sunday's newspaper. 


Above freezing temperatures over the weekend melted almost all of the snow on our parking lot at work, which is awesome, but I'm still wearing my snow boots and carrying my other shoes with me so that my nice shoes stay super spiffy.  These snakeskin patterned suede ankle boots are still absolutely pristine because I have yet to wear them outdoors at all.  This outfit was precisely warm enough without being at all too warm for wearing in my office -- it was so perfectly calibrated to the temperature as to be noticeably pleasant (odd as that seems).


White long-sleeved T (Walmart)
Cream cashmere pullover (Macy's)
Grey striped pants (thrifted, Dockers)
Grey/coral scarf (Target)
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles

1 comment:

mom said...

And, now you are unpacking! The outfit looks comfy, which makes going back to work a bit easier.