Saturday, January 17, 2015

Loving Cashmere, Part 2

Repurposing a Christmas Gift -- Thursday, 1/8/15

Robert's mom gave me a nice plaid scarf for Christmas, just the thing for wearing with your coat on the way to work on a cold day, right?

WRONG.  It's for wearing to your cold office (with another self-gifted cashmere sweater).

I really wanted to wear this sweater by itself (I mean, without a jacket over it) but that just wasn't happening on a day with a high of 8 degrees.  I stood there all Waaaaaah, but this needs a red blazer to match the scarf and I don't have one and ... oh wait, I do, actually.

I hope you can appreciate the artistry in leaving the light wood drying rack in this photo, to coordinate with the beige scarf.  It's these little touches that elevate this blog from "what I wore mirror selfies in poor lighting" to "what I wore mirror selfies in poor lighting with random shit in the background demonstrating what a mess my apartment always is."


*Cream silky T (thrifted)
*Cream cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's)
Maroon blazer (Lands End)
Black striped pants (thrifted, JCP)
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks
*Beige plaid scarf (gift)

2 comments:

jen said...

Love cashmere! Don't get to wear it much anymore. But it's a lifesaver when I'm in Vermont.

Really like the scarf too. Looks like Burberry. And of course, you already had the perfect blazer. :)

Sally said...

Thanks, I liked how it turned out.