Monday, January 19, 2015

More Stripey Fun

Florals and Stripes, Together Again -- Tuesday, 1/13/14

I really didn't want to go to work.  I woke up tired, with a headache, and it was like -10 degrees outside.  Bah.  But with a flask of caffeinated iced tea in my bag, I headed off and made it through the day.  However, our group had 3 of 15 people out sick.  If I'd called in, we would have been at an over 25% sick absence rate.  Surely that would be very silly.  And I managed to actually get some work done (despite my headache being a come and go thing all day) so I guess that was good.

Robert and I even spent 30 minutes on a short packing blitz after dinner.  Every little bit helps, right?

Last time (the only time?) I wore this jacket, I wore it with the same scarf (though I did tie it differently).  That scarf is just crazy useful because it has black, white, cobalt blue, white blue, green-ish blue, and blue-ish green, thus making any outfit with various shades of blue and/or teal look a little more cohesive.  But next time, yeah, time to wear the jacket with a different scarf....or a necklace, if I want to get really wild.


*Navy/teal striped T (Kohls)
Navy Dockers
Teal jacket (thrifted, Coldwater Creek)
Green/blue floral/paisley scarf (Target)
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles

Oh, and it's hard to see that the shirt is striped in that photo, so here's my close up.



The texture of the jacket gives a sort of faux-stripe look to go with the actual stripes of the shirt.  I'm all over that, naturally.

No comments: