Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What to Wear When Giving Your Boss a Heart Attack

All About the Scarf -- Thursday, 1/15/14

I woke up and felt like crap -- a developing sinus infection, I think -- and really did not want to go to work.  But I did because I needed to meet with some people to figure out what we're doing at a training session the next day.

This was a remarkably simple and comfortable outfit to wear in our over 30 degrees F (!!) weather.  A long-sleeved T, a jacket, a silk scarf....no sweater, no base layer.  Amazing.

I cannot get over how much I love this scarf.  I love the pattern, which has an Art Deco-esque feel to me (not that I really know what that means, to be fair) and the color combination.  And it's the perfect length for a casual-yet-classy drape around the neck look.  (Not so long it drapes into the sink when you brush your teeth after lunch, either.)


*Light blue long-sleeved T (Kohls)
Brown quilted jacket (thrifted)
Light brown trousers (Kohls)
Brown/black/blue silk scarf (thrifted)
Brown ankle boots by LifeStrides

Oh, as for the boss heart attack -- our department director came by when my group was strategizing in the late afternoon about the training on Friday and said how awesome it is that we have our project up and running, etc., and how great all the visualizations look, and said in a lighthearted way, maybe we should copywrite these.  And I said, Yeah, before [the consultant company we're all unhappy with, who provided those terrible visualizations of two circles, etc.] steals them!  I was joking and yet...man, the idea that after all the crap we (and especially she) has put up with from those people, and how bad their stuff has been, and everything...the idea that they would piggyback on our work really got to her.  She was like, If that happened, after everything, I'd come down on them like... and she couldn't even finish the sentence.  In that moment I realized that she is not just unhappy but a couple steps away from a Taz out / Hulk Smash on those guys.  And since she is not a generally rageful person from what I've seen over the past 9+ months, the situation with the consultant is likely even worse than I thought.

No comments: