Friday, January 9, 2015

What to Wear to a Work Holiday Party

Festive Red, Of Course -- Thursday, 12/18/14

A couple of co-workers commented on how festive I looked in this outfit, and I felt fairly festive, too.  Well, there's more to that.  I was actually dreading the party because there was food being served that I couldn't eat (all pasta-based) and I wasn't hungry (I usually eat around 1:00 or 1:30 and the party started at 12:30) and I was just like waaah, what do I do?  I finally decided around 12:45, Screw it, at least I have the good pepper steak to eat, I'll eat that and then go to the party.  So I did.  And it worked out fine.  Everybody was seated, ready for the white elephant exchange to commence shortly (eek), but several people from my group were at the table right next to the door and there were a couple of empty seats (whew) so there was no awkwardness in joining the party already in progress.  I timed it just about right to miss the meal but catch everything else.

And seriously, that pepper steak was so good, I didn't care that I missed out on a free lunch.


*Red/black "scroll/floral" twin set (thrifted, Kohls)
Black fold pencil skirt (JCP)
Black tights (Kohls)
Red buckle flats by Me Too
Gold link chain necklace (Ann Taylor)

No comments: