Thursday, January 15, 2015

In Which Sweaters Are Appreciated

Yep I'm tired today (1/15) -- First I published the post with the number in the title, then realized that was the wrong post anyway, so I published the right post....with the number in the title.  Bah!  

Purple All Over -- Tuesday, 1/6/15

OK, maybe not all over but I'm wearing a purple pullover sweater and purple shoes and a purple necklace and I do not bear a striking resemblance to Grimace while doing it, so I declare victory and move on.


Purple/pink striped button up shirt (thrifted, Bass)
*Purple pullover sweater (Kohls)
Grey trousers (Kohls)
Purple "gumdrop" necklace (Target)
Purple suede pumps (thrifted)

What's weird is that I feel like "What's blah blah and purple all over?" is some kind of standard joke, but I can't remember the rest of it, and google isn't helping me here.  So my mind goes to Grimace.


Did you know Grimace has a great-great grandma named Jenny Grimace?  Now you do!  And here you worried that my leaving grad school would lower the intellectual tone of this blog.  Silly you.

This week is pretty much the Week of New Pullover Sweaters, in which I feel totally smug about feeling warm enough in my clothes at work to almost never use my ass-heating-pad.  The heated seat in my car after work, though?  That puppy is ON.  There is something about getting into the car after work (especially on days when you first have to brush a few inches of snow off it with a giant brush that looks like something out of Star Wars)...and having it immediately beep to draw your attention to the fact that the car is 1 F...and realizing you have at least a 45-60 minute commute home ahead of you...to be glad your car has heated seats.  And to be glad you're moving closer to work soon.  And to be glad that winter will, eventually, end so that you can transition to bitching about the heat.

3 comments:

Tam said...

I guess you are now a second answer to the classic (abstract) algebra joke, "What's purple and commutes?" (The first answer is "an abelian grape.")

Sally said...

Hah, who knew I was destined to be the punch line to a math joke?

Tam said...

Indeed. Next thing you know, you'll be a houseboat.

(A: What's the integral of one over cabin d cabin?

B: Um....log cabin?

A: No, it's a houseboat - you forgot to add the C!)