Wednesday, December 17, 2014

World's Easiest Refashion

Day 26: Be Resourceful -- Monday, 12/8/14

Yep, this was one of the easiest refashions ever.  I liked a teal knit jacket I found at Goodwill but the huge plastic buttons looked odd and dated to me.  But instead of closing the jacket with buttonholes in the jacket fabric, there were fabric loops that stuck out along the edge of the jacket that went around the buttons.  (I forgot to take a before photo, and struck out finding a similar photo on the Internet, so I have to hope that description makes sense.)  I bought the jacket, and when I got home, I cut the fabric loops off and removed the buttons in about five minutes.  Viola!

I liked the opportunity to wear this new (thrifted) black/white microcheck skirt.  I love these tiny black/white patterns that look vaguely grey at a distance but with such texture and depth -- and that up close, have a "softened" black appearance that lends itself really well to subtle pattern mixing.  For example, with a floral scarf.

And I wore one of my newly rediscovered Walmart long-sleeved knit shirts with it -- another way to be resourceful.  

Be Resourceful summary:
- Thrifting items
- Refashioning items
- Shopping my closet


Black long-sleeved T (Walmart)
*Teal ribbed knit jacket (thrifted, Coldwater Creek, refashioned)
*Black microcheck skirt (thrifted, Banana Republic)
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell
Teal/blue floral scarf (Target)

1 comment:

jen said...

Love the color/pattern combination!