Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

OOPS.  I posted in the incorrect order, so I guess tonight is a two-post night.

----

My Thanksgiving weekend consisted of pumpkin cheesecake and Oblivion for the most part.  Not a standard holiday experience, to be sure, but it was great.  Oh, and I also did some Black Thursday/Friday online shopping, so that helps establish my bona fides as a real American.  I also spent time sitting in my comfy chair getting my butt kicked at Words With Friends by my mom (the usual) and reading the gargantuan Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett, the third book in the American trilogy.  So far, it's maintaining the quality of the previous two books and is a very interesting read.  (I think it helps that when he changes books, he skips ahead about 15-20 years and introduces us to the next generation of the families on which he's focusing.  That approach must make it easier to keep the story new and engaging than trying to write a gazillion and a half pages on the same people.)

Putting Yet More Birds On It -- Saturday, 11/29/14

Another great part of the weekend was wearing this new bird shirt that I bought at Kohls recently. They look like barn swallows to me.  (I wore it like this for about 2 hours before I added a navy cardigan to hold up to the 63 degree temperature in my office.)


*Blue bird (swallow) knit top (Kohls)
Jeans (thrifted, Target)
Navy scarf (Target)
Blue leopard shoes (6pm)

No comments: