Thursday, December 18, 2014

Revise and Resubmit

The paper from my first year project at My Masters University continues to wend its way through the review process.  We have a "revise and resubmit" without the need for additional studies -- just revisions to the discussion section, etc., to clarify what the hell we're getting at -- which is pretty much a totally great place for us to be with it. 

After I got off the phone with my parents earlier, I thought I'd come down, check my email real quick (delete the 50 buy-now-get-by-Christmas sales spiels), and play some Oblivion before bedtime, but instead I found the good news in an email from my advisor, so I spent the time reading and making comments on our current draft manuscript.  (I wanted to get something back to my co-authors right away so they can continue working away over the winter break.)  So, yeah, instead of playing a computer game, I was engaging in meta-metacognition (thinking about "thinking about thinking," which is what the paper is, at heart, about).  I still love that research, and think the findings were totally cool, but after a long day at work, hell, a long week at work....well, to quote my most commonly used Thieves Guild fence in Bruma, "I'm glad that's done.  I need a nap."

You know what else I need?  A vacation.  I started my job at the beginning of April and have taken a grand total of ONE (1) vacation day.  I am looking forward to starting a nice, long two week vacation this weekend!  Woo hoo, people. 

Over this winter break, Robert and I are going to be as happy as two rabbits with an abundance of carrot, if not as absolutely adorable. 

Throwback Thursday:  The World's Best Bunnies Chow DOWN with Joy

2 comments:

mom said...

Kate and Leo were adorable. I'm sure you miss them. On a happier note, we are looking forward to spending time with you and instead of carrots you two adorables can eat an abundance of turkey.

Sally said...

I'm looking forward to it -- turkey and GRAVY! :)