Thursday, December 11, 2014

In the Navy (Boots)

Day 23: Buttoned Up Statement -- Friday, 12/5/14

What the hell is going on with 5 day work weeks?  I was perfectly content working 3 days the previous week.  This 5 day week thing is just tough!  I guess it's good that I'm so close to taking my Christmas vacation and not going to work at all for two weeks straight.

When I saw that this challenge called for a statement necklace (worn on top of a button up shirt), I immediately picked the blue and green and pearly one from Target that I've only worn once so far but totally love.  The rest of the outfit was obvious from there.  The only question was whether to wear denim trousers or a denim skirt for a Friday outfit, and because my denim skirt hasn't seen any love this winter, I went that route.  All the better to show off my pretty navy boots, my dear!


*Light blue button up shirt (thrifted, Kohls)
Blue polka dot blazer (Target)
Denim skirt (thrifted)
Navy leggings
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles
Blue/green/pearl necklace (Target)

Verdict:  I think this outfit....wait, have I got this right?  I went five days in a row, in the Snow City winter, without wearing a scarf to work?  (Technically, I did wear a scarf to work, and home from work also -- a black fleece scarf from Lands End to match the fleece hat and gloves I've been wearing with my excellent super-long 100% wool vintage coat that I just realized last week has a velvet collar, so pretty).  Is this a sign of the apocalypse?  Or global warming?   Or a natural consequence of wearing so many shirts with collars that I want to show?  Next week has got to be all about the scarves, people.  Of course, it'll probably be like 50 degrees next week, but that's OK, I've demonstrated that I'm happy to wear a scarf in warm weather, too.

No comments: