Friday, December 19, 2014

Silent and Grey

Day 20: Monochrome -- Tuesday, 12/9/14

What could be better for a dark winter day when you simply cannot believe you have to go to work when you're this tired and omg it's only Tuesday....waaaaah! than wearing grey head to toe?  It's more professional looking and subtle than a "mood" t-shirt stating #Tired, and the pieces can be worn separately when for whatever odd reason you are not actually completely exhausted at work.  Bonus: you do not look like an idiot.

Holy shit!  On a whim, I searched for a t-shirt with #Tired on it, to see if such a dumb thing exists, and I didn't find one.  But I did find this.  Absolutely perfect.  (See, it's in French so it's chic!  And chic is chic because it's French!)  Also, that woman is so tired that she only put on half of her button up white shirt beneath the mood shirt!  Way to commit to the look, lady.  Personally, I would have worn a pair of army green camo pants with it ("fatigues") for a visual pun, but still, a solid A for Effort here.


My outfit is distinctly less remarkable.


OK, please be hella impressed that the grey t-shirt and grey cardigan are almost identical colors.  I was basically astonished to see that, given that greys are so freaking hard to match.

I could not completely decide whether I thought the maroon/navy/yellow striped ribbon along the edge of the cardigan looked a bit strange in the context of the monochromatic outfit or whether it added a pleasingly unexpected bit of contrast to the ensemble.  Also, against the solid grey background, my leopard scarf looks especially beige-grey (which it is) rather than true grey. 

Verdict:  Adequately expressed my mood (while meeting the requirements of the style challenge) without requiring me to buy a stencil set and fabric paint to create a word art T-shirt.

*Grey long-sleeved T (Kohls)
Charcoal grey cardigan (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger)
Grey trousers (Kohls)
Grey leopard scarf (Target?)
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles

P.S. Bonus points if you recognized the title of this post as a quote from the Morrissey song "Everyday is Like Sunday."

2 comments:

jen said...

I like the ribbon detail on the cardigan, at least in the photo!

mom said...

I also like the ribbon detail. Thumbs up for expressing your fatigue and being stylish at the same time.