Monday, December 1, 2014

Sparkly Goodness

For the short Thanksgiving work week, I decided to start making winter compatible skirts outfits.  

Day 8: Sparkle and Shine for Day -- Monday, 11/24/14

This is a winterized version of an outfit I had put together a couple weeks earlier -- before it got so cold (high temp 27 degrees) and before I determined that I really didn't care for the way that particular grey sweater looked on me (a peplum that had an oddly semi-empire style waist).  I swapped the grey leopard camisole and grey sweater for a grey t-shirt and grey leopard jacket, and the outfit was both more weather-appropriate and looked better.  Can't say fairer than that.

The jacket has some subtle silver metallic threads, and it was cool when I went through my scarf collection and realized the one that has pink and black in it also has silver metallic threads.  Some things are just meant to be.  Double metallic thread = sparkle and shine in my book.  So done and done.


Grey leopard jacket (thrifted, Macy's)
*Burgundy pencil skirt (Nordstrom) -- this is the Halogen seamed pencil skirt that is the love of everyone on the Interwebs; also note, it's not the same color as my hot pink skirt from JCP (a skirt that gets some love in that second link, too, and I could not agree more)
*Grey T (Kohls)
Black/pink metallic thread scarf (Target, I think)
Grey leggings (Kohls)
*Tall grey boots by LifeStrider (Zappos)

No comments: