Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Winterization Continues

Day 19: A Specific New Spin on an Old Favorite Look -- Wednesday, 12/3/14

When I saw this prompt, I knew that I wanted to wear a winterized version of this blouse and skirt combo (that I wore in September).  I really loved how well the two pieces went together.

September:


Let's start with the obvious -- add black leggings/tights and tall black boots.  Now add a scarf...oh, already have a scarf (and I was not yet clued into the double scarf idea), so switch it out for a necklace instead.  And naturally I have to wear a cardigan or jacket, so this teal waterfall cardigan is a nice addition.  Finally, it's time to test out the Thermaskin camisole I bought from Lands End (for $11 on sale) with the hopes of giving myself a little bit more warmth on top without adding more outer layers/bulk.

December:


Black fold pencil skirt (JCP)
Teal drape cardigan (Coldwater Creek)
Black/teal/yellow floral top (thrifted, Kohls)
Black leggings (Target)
Black tall boots by Fitzwell
Black/white floral necklace (Kohls?)

Verdict:  I think the drapey cardigan worked well with a pencil skirt, and though the black tights/boots cannot be as perfect a complement as the mustard flats, they are a satisfying way to make the skirt wearable into winter (leggings + tall boots + socks = warm!).  I declare this outfit a success.

2 comments:

jen said...

I like it! Speaking of winterization, what do you do for coat(s)? Curious if you mix it up, or have a single fave? I *kind* of miss getting to wear coats in the winter since I have some cute ones.

Sally said...

For work, I've been wearing my long black wool coat with the velvet collar every day. I haven't yet needed to bring out what I consider my serious winter coats -- e.g., my puffer.

Otherwise, so far I've been wearing my bright pink puffy jacket -- I haven't been spending a lot of time outside.